~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
Saturday, February 28, 2009
I can't wait to step on this and see how a dear friend, Jacque of Partyboosters, transforms this to the a wild jungle safari venue with lots of brown, green, orange, yellow and white balloons. You can probably sense how excited I am now. It's more than that actually. I don't know if I'd be able to doze off tonight because of excitement.
Thanks Joy for the picture.
If I was a car, I'd be: a Volvo. Volvo S60R to be exact...that's Edward Cullen's cool car. :)
If I was a drink, I'd be: an orange juice. Not too sweet nor not too sour.
If I was emotion, I'd be: happy. Because the world would definitely be a better place to live in sans the troubles and sadness.
Join us here!
Although, on another note, such jewelry would be nice for a "push gift" from the husband, wouldn't it? Just a tip to the husband, browse the site of Holsted Jewelers..they have designed jewelry, gifts and accessories that would make your wives go "wow!". If you are lucky, you might even find their special “set savings” deals where you can buy more but save more. Did I stir your interest there? Go and check out their site.
From Mommy Cris.
-Copy the questions below.
-Simply use the first letter of your name/nickname as your answer for each questions.
-You can't use any answer twice and don't use your own name for questions # 3 & 4.
-After you're done, tag 10 people.
1. What is your name? Mai
2. A four letter word: Male
3. A boy's name : Michael
4. A girl's name : Michelle
5. An occupation : Model
6. A color : Magenta
7. Something you wear : Mini skirt
8. A type of food : Mexican
9. Something found in the bathroom : mini-pail
10. A place : Manila
11. A reason for being late : Meeting
12. Something you shout : Mali
13. A movie title : Madagascar
14. Something you drink : Milk
15. A musical group : Many musicians LOL
16. A street name : Makiling
17. A type of car : Mazda
18. A song title : Mr DJ
19. A verb : Make
2. Caterer - checked
3. Photo and Video Services - checked
4. Venue Stylist - checked
5. Cake - checked
6. Host/Magician - checked
7. Loot Bags and Prizes - checked
8. Costume - checked
9. Party Decors and other stuffs - checked
So that's it, we're all set. Now I just have to make sure that the little one is well rested before the party so he'd enjoy and won't get cranky.
Sheesh...I'm giddily excited and anxious..I'm ready to partehhhh!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
And it all boils down to this last week of preparation.
Here's a glimpse on some of the party details:
:: The Tarp Backdrop :: The Welcome Banner ::
:: The Loot Bags for the Big Kids :: The Digiscrapped Invites and DIY Safari Map ::
Saturday, February 21, 2009
I have been busy with the party preps and all that I fail to blog about what's up with Asher these past few weeks. It's just recently that I blogged and listed down his 11th month milestones and in just a span of 2 weeks, I have a handful of updates again to list down.
1. He says a forceful and loud "Haaaa!" when asked how his Lolo imitates a dog's bark.
2. He clear his throats when he hears someone coughs, yawns, sighs or when asked "pano ang ubo ni mommy?"
3. He does the "tsk tsk" sound and looks up when he hunts for a lizard.
4. He knows that airplane flies above him so even if we're inside the house, he would look up and inspect the ceiling for a flying airplane.
5. He says a hoarse "haaaa" to imitate a monster.
6. He shouts "je je" when asked to call his playmate, Jay-jay.
7. And just yesterday, he quickly learned the Captain Barbel trick. His cousin Kylie, raises her fist when she hears "darna" and so as her counterpart, they taught Asher to raise his arms ala-Captain Barbel.
8. On another note, his yet to take his first steps by himself. He can already stand on his own for about 3-5 secs but sits right away upon knowing that no one's holding him.
9. And I thought, he's one of these few babies who'd skip crawling and proceed to walking skill but I was surprised to see him crawling on all fours after his 11th month birthday. And because of that, I don't put my expectations high that he can walk on his own early. But then again, I'm not at all concerned because babies are different and develop at their own pace.
10. Since it's getting hotter these days and with Asher who's seemingly a sweat machine, I bathe him twice a day, one in the morning and one in the evening so he'd slumber soundly throughout the night. With that, I think I have to start canvassing for an electric tankless water heater because this would be our routine for the rest of the summer season. With such, warm bathing water is just easy to get hold of.
Friday, February 20, 2009
1. Chest / Toy Storage Boxes / Toy Baskets or those medium to large plastic containers that we saw at SM
:: Asher's toys are scattered everywhere and it would be nice to have boxes to keep them into.
2. Little Touch Leap Pad Cartridges
:: He already has the "One Bear in the Bedroom" which comes along with the Little Touch Leap Pad Learning System his Dad bought him last December. Now Asher wants to try the other cartridges like Baby's First Words, Animal Dance, A to Z Adventure, If I Were, Animal World and of course, my all time favorite Guess How Much I Love You.
3. Story/Board Books
:: Special request: Guess How Much I Love You book and Goodnight Moon
4. Sandals and Slippers for Walking
:: If possible with secure-close straps similar to this:
7. Clothes (12-24 mos) - polos, shirts (tees or graphic tees), Carter jammies, shorts, pants, socks, etc.
8. Potty trainer
8. But should you still have a tough time searching with the above mentioned items, educational toys for a 1 yr old tot would also be greatly appreciated.
9. Gadgets like iPhone, PDAs, laptop, a new lens...of course, I'm just kidding. But if you wish to give these, by all means, the Mom who'll also celebrate her birthday in two weeks time would be happy to receive them :)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
1. What's your latest addiction?
:: Playing with Misha and other pets at Pet Society, a Facebook application.
2. Are you expecting a thing in your mailbox today?
:: Yes and I got them yesterday and this morning. They're Asher's party balloons and loots from Oriental Trading coursed through my good friends, Chris and Glo.
3. When was the last time you got pissed off?
:: Hmm, I can't remember. I've been in a good mood lately.
4. What comes first to your mind when you see a dollar bill?
:: The current peso conversion rate.
5. Would you rather be a babysitter or an elderly caregiver?
:: I think a babysitter.
6. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
:: Sneak in at the Super Lotto room and do wonders with the balls so what would come up are my number picks in the draw. LOL.
7. If you could expand one room in your house to twice its size, what room would it be?
:: The bedroom.
8. What's your headline for today?
:: Just 9 Days To Go (and still very much busy with the party preps).
9. What do you have handy at your bedside?
:: My cellphone.
10. What dream job would you like to have?
:: a Seattle injury lawyer..sounds challenging.
For those who want to chug along, you can catch up on these train stations:
For those who want to chug along, you can catch up on these train stations:Tag Train #1; Tag Train #2; Tag Train #3; Tag Train #4; Tag Train #5; Tag Train #6; Tag Train #7; Tag Train #8; Tag Train #9; Tag Train #10; Tag Train #11; Tag Train #12; Tag Train #13; Tag Train #14; Tag Train #15; Tag Train #16; Tag Train #17; Tag Train #18; Tag Train #19; Next Stop.
1. Stop the competition please because I, nor Asher, don't contend with how fast your baby is growing, how heavier or how plump she is now.
2. Still in connection with number 1, just to remind you, your baby was born heavier by several kilos in the first place. So it's just natural for her to equate or even exceed Asher's weight at the moment. I don't care how chubby your baby might become, I just wish you luck not to think about giving her weight loss pills when she fails to outgrow her baby fats later on.
3. You don't need to falsely "quote" what the Pediatrician said with regards to my baby's weight or should I say, don't fabricate things because I consulted her myself. She said there's nothing to worry about.
4. My baby may look leaner than yours but it's okay. I'm not bothered because I know that he's doing just fine. I can't just get it why you're putting a pressure..i don't know if it's on me or you're pressuring yourself?
5. I can't just get it either why you always have to mention what your baby can do whenever Asher shows his antics.
You can go on your "bragging", basta..all I know is that my little Asher is healthy and smart.
..listing down the expenses in an excel sheet and doing the math!
I never thought that a first birthday party nowadays would entail this much (considering that we already scrimped on some details). It just goes to show how hard economic life really is these days. At any rate, this happens just once in a lifetime and next year, a much simpler party will definitely do.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
1. Invites - I still haven't received the postal notice from Artscow. The photo invites are supposed to arrive this week. I'll send out the invites hopefully starting next week.
2. Caterer - Believe it or not, we haven't officially booked (meaning paid DP) our caterer as of writing. We went to Glorietta last Sunday to visit their satellite office but it's only then I realized, Glorietta 2, where they used to rent their office space, has long been closed. I asked in the concierge where Queensland transferred but the staff claimed they don't hold any office anymore at Glorietta. Didn't get to call Queensland to ask on the spot since I don't have their number stored in my phone. Bummer. Upon verification with Queensland yesterday, they're now located at Glorietta 3, 3rd level. So to that staff, tsk tsk tsk better review your manual, sir. Anyway, I'll be dropping by tomorrow to have this scratched off the list. We're also decided with the menu.
3. Venue Styling and Other Stuffs - With Jacque and Asher getting sick last Thursday, our meeting was postponed. By hook or by crook, we'll meet tomorrow. Among to include in our discussion are: the overall decors, reservation of face painter, Flooch's program flow, projector rental (still thinking if we'll proceed with the AVP thingie) etc. Also still awaiting for the safari print latex balloons that I asked Glo to shop for me at Oriental Trading.
4. Party Loot and Prizes:
a.) Loot bag contents - Shopped about four types of animal themed trinkets at Divisoria Mall last Saturday. Candies and chocolates are yet to be bought in the grocery store.
b.) Prizes - Shopped TONS at Divisoria. The husband mused how many games we will have with all these prizes.
c.) Loot paper bag and a few more trinkets - Awaiting shipment from Oriental Trading courtesy of a dear friend.
5.) Safari Costume:
a.) Mine's all set except for a minor repair to be done on my Ebay-ordered Safari dress. Bought a new pair of sandals as well last weekend.
b.) Asher's measurement is yet to be given to Jacque's mom for his tailored hunter costume. We bought last Sunday Florsheim brown sneakers to match his hunter costume.
c.) Bought safari hats for me and the husband in Divisoria. Hubby is still scouting for a khaki baggy pants and plain white collared shirt.
6.) Souvenir - Paid DP and submitted my digiscrapped wrapper design to the chocolate supplier. I await their template for my approval prior they proceed with the printing. For the giveaways to the adults, no it won't be Fossil watches but equally charming and sweet personalized chocolate bars.
7.) Cake - Paid 50% DP last week.
1. Digiscrap background tarp. Instead of renting a very costly styro backdrop, I'll just design a tarp and have it printed. I have to meet with Jacque first and agree with the specs and overall design and colors to go with her styling.
2. Digiscrap loot bag toppers.
3. Have the guest sheets printed.
4. Plot in an excel file all these party related expenses.
5. Finish the AVP slideshow.
What else? I think just as long as I meet with Queensland and Jacque within this week, then I'm almost covered.