~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
Sunday, March 29, 2009
As I want to document, as much as possible, each of his major milestones, we always ready our cam to shoot them as they happen. Luckily, I was able to capture of him walking recently and I'm sharing it for you to enjoy.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Before I start with my list, let me share first his Pedia visit experience last Saturday which I blogged in my main blog yesterday.
And I said...
The little one had his monthly well baby check up yesterday and I’m happy to know that he’s gained weight in the last month fairly. I’m feeling a bit bittersweet because he’s now graduated from using the baby weighing scale (the one where an infant has to lie down) and instead, he was asked to stand on the one used by the bigger kids (since he can stand on his own na). While I’m jubilant that he’s growing and thriving very well, I’m kinda sad that my baby is growing fast..too fast that I still haven’t got used to the fact that’s he’s already a tot. It was so fun seeing him try the weighing scale standing up as if he already knows what it’s for. Both hands clung to the bar to keep his balance and his eyes glued to the scale perhaps curious also of his own weight. This checkup also marks another milestone as he stormed his pedia’s clinic walking (with just a little assistance from us). The number of his tooth was checked, had his 3rd shot of IPD (yay! we have graduated from the most expensive vaccine), and was instructed to continue his current milk formula (he’s mixed fed now by the way), food supplement meds and vitamins.
At 12 months and 2 weeks..Asher:
1. is able to walk on his own although he gets a little bit wobbly and unsteady after about five steps so we just have to be around all the time to aid him when he trips. More often, we do the social walking (holding on with both hands or alongside one parent holding on with one hand).
2. imitates us and can now repeat the syllables we ask him to say: ba ba, ma ma, ta ta, da da. He also calls my in-law's cat Margie as "je". He shrieks in fine voice when he hears us laugh, imitating the high-toned sound.
3. has the habit of looking for and calling lizards on the ceiling and on the wall by sounding his tongue "tsk tsk tsk tsk" loud.
4. is a late crawler. He started to get mobile and slithered by 6 months but he crawled on all fours (hands and knees with tummy up) just weeks before his first birthday. But consequently stood on his own and walked a few steps on his own several days after. Weird.
5. has been eating table foods more frequently. Whatever is served on our table, he also eats..only in lumpier and blended mixture. He only eats his Cerelac cereals when our viand is fried.
6. can follow simple instructions such as "give to mommy" and "no" when prohibited to do something.
7. has been mixed fed for a month now. He still feeds from me at random times of the day and through the night and consumes about 16-20 oz of formula milk. Finally and thankfully, he loves drinking water now.
8. His Mongolian spots have diminished but some are still apparent. I'm not worried as these are perfectly normal and common to Asians. It doesn't need any microdermabrasion treatment as these fade on their own three to five years after birth.
9. has grown so attached to me more than ever that he refuses me to leave him even for just a second. BUT he mumbles "da da" and calls daddy more often than "ma ma".
10. interchangeably calls me "mama", "nay nay" and "dede" (you know why).
11. loves playing hide and seek by himself..as in he hides from the back of the chair and peeps and says "ba" in between spaces that he sees.
12. calls the ball, balloon and bee "boo".
13. has a super dooper clear vision. He can eye the tiniest crawling ants on the floor and touches them.
14. it's probably due to teething and swollen gums, he has the tendency to stock rice and other larger food particles in the sides of his mouth.
15. loves pushing objects such as big boxes, plastic chairs and toys across the room.
16. learned how to make "mano" to his Lolo and Lola the other week.
I'm having my S3 IS cam on standby...so hopefully, I'd be lucky enough to capture videos of these soon.
Friday, March 20, 2009
More mommy moments entries here.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
And...here we go!
1. Donating little one's small clothes to a neighbor was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place to spend the night tonight is at my in laws.
3. Beauty is nothing in matters of the heart.
4. Coffee, tea or Coke, any of the three will satisfy my thirst.
5. If it isn't meant to be, lovers do go separate paths.
6. Our clock reminds me that there is a task waiting to be fulfilled.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pass by the drugstore to buy some disposable diapers for the little one, tomorrow my plans include finishing my online tasks and Sunday, I want to just laze around!
Posted by Mai at 11:31 AM
1. “So…do you want the good news or the bad news?” When someone asks you this, which one do you generally ask for first?
::Usually the bad news...so that there's something brighter to look forward to once the bad news is blurted out.
2. Do you remember compliments more than rude remarks or vice versa?
::Yes, compliments are like music to our ears but I won't forget the rude remarks either.
3. The main difference between you and your best friend is …
::He's more positive thinker than I am.
4. Have you ever given someone a fake phone number, just to get rid of them?
::I think I have but I forgot to whom and why.
5. Do you find that there’s too much choice in your life?
::Yes...and it is in us on how to take it.
6. How would you describe your temper?
::I rarely get mad easily. I'm not the type who nags right away.
7. Are you more likely to exaggerate or downplay your troubles?
8. List 3 people-real or fictional, living or dead, famous or personal friends-whom you respect and admire, and why.
1. Not exactly admiration but I'm amazed how strong PGMA is..for a woman to rule a country stricken with poverty, corruption and endless attacks on her government...she's tough to stand all of these.
2. My Dad..I admire how he loves his work. At such a retiring age, he should just be relaxing and reaping the fruits of his labor na.
3. All of my twitter buddies...they're all beautiful people inside and out.
9. Can you draw?
::yes...sticks and circles hahaha!
10. What do you need to work on?
::lots of pending online tasks and replenish our savings account.
Join us here.
Posted by Mai at 10:15 AM
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I'll keep you posted once I'm through. Meanwhile, let me get up for a while to have a little rest. Likewise, I'm hearing Asher's nanny cheering on Asher. I think he just made a few steps towards the laundry hamper, his favorite ride recently.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Posted by Mai at 6:35 PM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
* Picture grabbed from Alpha's Flickr Gallery.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
A crosspost from my main blog:
In a few hours from now, we’ll celebrate your birthday (although, technically the 2nd is your birthday). Here’s Mommy’s message for you..lil Asher.
My Dearest Asher,
One year ago, you were born and we officially entered the world of parenthood. Your Dad and I were so stoked with your coming, having been praying and wishing for you for more than a year. Even though, we were well supported and were armed of parenting basics, we were terrified. As newbie parents, we almost went demented when you were inconsolable or you refused to put back to sleep in the wee hours of the morning. I was apprehensive the first time I gave you bath because you were so delicate, so fragile. My hands were shaking every time I hold you in my arms, overly worrying that I might hurt you. I was always worried stiff if I was nourishing you just right everytime I nurse you. But despite all of my worries and fears, I was constantly astounded by you. I was always amazed by the joy and contentment you gave me every day. I was amazed how God made me an instrument along with your Daddy to create such a beautiful being. Most of all, I was amazed how much love my heart could hold.
We’ve been through a lot on your first year - a rollercoaster ride I may say but mostly with ups. I say “more on ups” because you were generally easy to take care of. You didn’t give Mom and Dad a hard time adjusting to this wonderful world of parenthood. You also continuously amaze us with your wit..you never cease to surprise us with your, sometimes own-discovered, tricks.
Now that you’re about to become a toddler, I just hope and wish that you stay as sweet, as smart and as a good boy as you are now. I love each moment being a Mom to you and I hope that you feel the same way as you are a son to me. Happy Birthday my little Asher!